Sunday, January 6, 2008

#5 - Juno*

Directed by Jason Reitman
2007 Comedy/Drama
Rated PG-13

*****

What more can I say about Juno that I haven't already? It's hands down my favorite movie of 2007 (not the best, mind you - that's Atonement - but definitely my favorite); it features brilliant writing (I think it's a pretty much guaranteed Oscar for screenwriter (and former stripper) Diablo Cody), incredible acting (the two standouts being, in my opinion, Ellen Page, obviously, and Jennifer Garner, who I think gives the best performance of her career), and very assured directing by Jason Reitman (Thank You For Smoking). I just saw it for the fourth time last night, and I can definitely say it hasn't lost any of its greatness to me. The only flaw? The first fifteen minutes, which are definitely a little too quirky for almost anyone. But don't let that bother you, because this movie completely won me over, and I assure you it will you as well.

1 comment:

cwells said...

I took mom and Sarah to see this over Christmas Break! I thought mom was going to kill me!

I took your advice (because you said it was the next Little Miss Sunshine) and it so was not! I do agree it was good but not a G rated for mom or Sarah.

What I did not like was the relationship with the soon to be "Dad" and Juno! That seemed a littl too fake for me!

Thoughts???

PS
Great Blog can't wait to read more!

Love
Christine